1157 designconcepts is seeking a Sales Manager
to manage sales functions, including a sales team, and to assist in the development and accomplishment of business development and marketing plans and strategies. 1157 designconcepts designs and builds custom recognition walls that inspire, motivate and challenge individuals and institutions to reach beyond their imaginations. Their vision is to be a market leader in recognition displays for not-for-profit organizations everywhere. They’ve been in the business for more than half a century and are currently the vendor of choice for over 2500 major colleges, leading medical centers and hospitals, museums and other not-for-profits throughout the United States and Canada. Their uncompromising customer service, attention to detail and commitment to listening to customers are unmatched in the industry and are the hallmarks of their success.
ESSENTIAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing field sales functions & staff – including recruiting, hiring & motivating
- Direct involvement in conducting recognition product sales efforts
- Accomplishes business development activities by researching opportunities, and developing and implementing sales plans
- Provides support for and participate in the strategic planning and management of the company
- Responsible for the development, preparation, and achievement of the department’s continuous improvement plans, expense budget and sales projections
- Meets sales financial objectives
- Assists in the development of marketing plans and strategies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and other software as required
- Organizational & Time Management Skills
- Goal Setting & Accountability Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Logic & Reasoning
- Leadership & Coaching Skills
- Communication & Managing Relationships Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to Implement and Execute – through self & others
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven years sales/sales management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior supervisory/management experience required
Embody our core values and have the same expectation for others.
- Client Centered: Think in their shoes
- Listen more than you speak.
- Understand what they’re up against.
- Put their interests ahead of your own.
- Creative: Invent different ways of working
- Be curious.
- Take action.
- Be okay with failure.
- Collaborative: Believe that together we can do anything
- Seek insight from unexpected people.
- Allow others to make your ideas better.
- More talking. Less typing.
- Employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk; reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Employee is required to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position required 50-60% travel with overnight stays required.